- EcoAction Community Funding Program
- FCM Municipalities for Climate Innovation Program
- FCM Municipal Asset Management Program
- FCM Green Municipal Fund
Municipal fees and credits
There are an increasing number of municipalities increasing transparency to residents and businesses by introducing separated stormwater management fees. In 2016 the Environmental Commissioner of Ontario reported that only around a third of municipalities were recovering the costs of stormwater management. Reasons for this many include: ageing infrastructure (in some cases), rapidly increasing density population, and changed precipitationAny form of rain or snow. patterns. Whilst a few municipalities have simply applied a separated fee for educational or administrative reasons, many have been able to combine their separated fee with a credit or incentive program.
Town of Newmarket have established a web portal to view what municipalities across Ontario are doing, and to help others design their own program.
- Environmental Commissioner of Ontario. (2016). Urban Stormwater Fees: How to Pay for What We Need. Retrieved February 26, 2018, from https://eco.on.ca/reports/2016-urban-stormwater-fees/
- Town of Newmarket. (2017). Stormwater Charge Policy Tool. Retrieved February 26, 2018, from http://18.104.22.168/