Revision as of 19:08, 2 November 2017 by Jenny Hill
- Infiltration facilities can be designed to be inline or offline from the drainage system.
- Inline facilities accept all of the flow from a drainage area and convey larger event flows through an overflow outlet. The overflow must be sized to safely convey larger storm events out of the facility.
- The invert of the overflow should be placed at the maximum water surface elevation of the bioretention area, (typically 150 - 250 mm above the surface).
- Offline facilities use flow splitters or bypass channels that only allow the required water quality storage volume to enter the facility.
- Higher flows are diverted and do not enter the infiltration practice. A pipe can by used for this, but a weir or curb cut minimizes clogging and reduces the maintenance frequency.
|Feature||Anti Vandalism/Robust||Lower Cost Option||Self cleaning|
|Ditch inlet catch basin||x||x|